Alyce's Art Studio is dedicated to helping teens better understand themselves and their place in the world by way of creative expression. Involvement in the arts is shown to improve success in math, reading, cognition, retention, and verbal skills.
• Every class has a teacher student ratio of 1:6.
• Instruction is customized to meet individual needs. We do not believe that "one size fits all" when it comes to art education.
• 6 Progressive levels with 5-8 projects each with the focus of building consecutive techniques including composition, proportion, and perspective.
• The exploration into theory and technique will allow students to create dynamic artwork using a myriad of media including but not limited to graphite, charcoal, collage material, oil pastel, watercolor, and acrylic paints.
• Students will also be exposed to influential artists through which they will study unique and complex technical skills as well as get a glimpse of the visual history of art.
• Instructors will show teen students how to break down complex objects into basic shapes to develop form, line, shape, value, and texture.
• Students will be encouraged to bring their imagination and ideas to life and shape it through our curriculum.
• Free-draws are offered throughout the program to allow our teen artists the opportunity to have full creative freedom and explore their style.
• Monday - Saturday: See calendar for list of available classes..